Following the unwarranted attack on the campaign team of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Kwara South Senatorial candidate – Arch. Lola Ashiru – by yet to be identified gunmen in Ojoku, Oyun Local Government Area, the Offa Descendants Union (ODU) under the distinguished leadership of Dr. Funsho Oladipo called a Town Hall meeting of representatives of all physically present political parties in Offa, the Market Men and Women, Plank Sellers Association, Security Agencies and community leaders.
The meeting hereby resolved as follows:
- That the incident that took place at the Olojoku’s Palace in Ojoku on Tuesday night of the 19th February, 2019 is unfortunate, unacceptable, condemnable, uncivilized and barbaric.
- That the Security Agencies, most especially, officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force, Offa Area Command, the officers and men of the PMF Squadron 68, Offa and officers and men of the Nigerian Army deployed to Offa & Oyun Local Governments for election monitoring purposes are hereby commended for their dexterity and professionalism in rescuing the lives and properties that were under siege that night.
- That the perpetrators of this hideous act be fished out, arrested and tried in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- That all the Offa politicians irrespective of political affiliation should make community interests paramount in their hearts and pursuits.
- That all men and women of voting age who are in possession of their Voter’s Cards should go out enmass on Saturday 23rd February, and Saturday 9th March, 2019 to exercise their electoral franchise.
- That while exercising their electoral rights, Offa people should display high level of Omoluabi traits that we are known for, before, during and after the elections.
- That the idea of committing electoral offences such as ballot boxes snatching and the likes should be totally discouraged among our political gladiators and their supporters.
- That our Imams and Pastors should continue the habit of offering special prayers, just as it was done in that meeting, for peace of Offa community, Ibolo land, Kwara State and Nigeria at large.
- That the clash that took place on Tuesday night was a political clash between political parties and not a communial clash and as such, the fear of towns and villages dwellers around offa should be allayed.
- That this kind of meeting should be held at least once a quarter.
- Mr. Muideen Adebayo Ibrahim
ODU General Secretary
- Rev. Olusegun Ogungboye